Let’s celebrate by doing our part and performing “Acts of Green” around Savannah and Coastal Georgia/South Carolina!
What are “Acts of Green”?
- Reduce your Ecological Footprint (all of the biological materials consumed and all of the biological wastes generated by that person in a given year)
- Buy local produce – Visit your local Farmer’s Market for seasonal produce!
- End Junk Mail – It’s annoying and it negatively impacts the environment. Unsubscribe from any unnecesary direct mail you receive.
- Recycle your E-Waste- Thousands of old electronics are tossed into landfills and pollute the environment. Make sure to recycle your electronics!
- Stop using disposable plastic – Start by using refillable glasses.
For more ways you can help preserve our Earth, visit http://www.earthday.org/take-action/