(Effective March 17, 2021)
For information on how we treat protected health information under the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), please see ourNotice of Privacy Practices.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding the information we collect from you or about you and how we will treat it. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time (See Changes to Policy below). Your continued use of the Website after we make changes indicates your acceptance of those changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On or through these Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us or the Website; and
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Website.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us through the Services, including our Patient Portal; and
- Any third party (including our affiliates or subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding the information we collect from you or about you and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using our Website, you agree to this Policy.
- Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website and Services are primarily designed and intended for adults. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect or store any personally identifiable information about children under age 13, and neither our Website nor our Services are designed to collect personally identifiable information from children under age 13. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (833) 939-6332.
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Generally, our Website is for informational purposes concerning our dental services and offerings. We collect very minimal personal information through our Website. Personal information, or personal data, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
However, our Website provides links to our Services that allow you to schedule appointments, make payments, and complete patient paperwork in advance of your appointment. This information is treated as Protected Health Information (PHI). For information on how we treat PHI that we collect through our Services under HIPAA, please see ourNotice of Privacy Practices.
PLEASE NOTE WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU OR ABOUT YOU, AND, IF YOU ARE ASSISTING A PATIENT WITH OUR SERVICES, WE ALSO COLLECT INFORMATION FROM OR ABOUT THE PATIENT. AS A RESULT, WHEREVER WE USE THE TERM “YOU” IN THIS POLICY, YOU SHOULD READ THAT TERM TO ALSO INCLUDE THE TERM “PATIENT”, AND YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT WE MAY BE COLLECTING THE SAME INFORMATION ABOUT THE PATIENT AS WE ARE ABOUT YOU.
IF YOU ARE USING THE SERVICES FOR A PATIENT,IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT YOU PROVIDE ANY NOTICES TO THE PATIENT AND OBTAIN ANY CONSENTS FROM SUCH, AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAWS (INCLUDING RELEVANT PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION LAWS) AND REGULATORY GUIDELINES. BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU ARE REPRESENTING TO US THAT YOU HAVE DONE SO.
We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity or Contact Data includes name, home or billing address, email address, telephone number, or similar identifier.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website.
- Transaction Data includes details about services your purchase with us.
- Profile Data includes your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data or Navigation Data includes information about how you use the Services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We may also collect, use, and shareAggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose, which we do not treat as personal information. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a feature on the Services. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal information which will be used in accordance with this Policy.
a. Information Collection Sources
- Direct interactions. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or by communicating with us via e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you provide your name, mail/billing address, email address.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns as specified above. We collect this information by using cookies, server logs, web beacons, and other similar technologies (seeCookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies).
- From our service providers. This includes businesses that collect your personal information on our behalf in order to help us respond to patient inquiries, conduct market research, and comply with legally mandated disclosure requirements.
- Other third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive information about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies or from third parties including, for example, business partners, payment processors, sub-contractors, delivery services, social network platforms, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, data brokers, or aggregators.
b. Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies
Our Website uses automatic data collection technologies to distinguish you from other Website users. This helps us deliver a better and more personalized experience when you browse our Website. Depending on how you access our Website, whether on our Website or through your mobile device we collect information to improve our Website by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store your preferences so we may customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We use Google Analytics to perform analytics services for us, which may include tracking your interactions with our Website and to store information, such as what time you visited it, whether you have visited it before, and what site referred you to it. Website measurement statistics may be used to personalize your website experience, as well as to evaluate – anonymously and in aggregate – statistics on website activity. We use this information to measure the effectiveness of our web presence and to compile statistical reports. Additional information about how Google Analytics collects and processes data can be foundhere.
Certain internet browsers may offer you the option of providing notice to websites that you do not wish for your online activities to be tracked for preference-based advertising purposes (“DNT Notice”). Some browsers are, by default, set to provide a DNT Notice, whether that reflects your preference. Please note that with respect to our Website, we do not take any action based on browser based DNT Notices. If you do not wish to participate in behavioral tracking activities, you should follow the opt-out process described inWhat Are Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the technologies identified below for automatic data collection.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use Flash cookies (local stored objects) instead of browser cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. For information about managing Flash cookies seeWhat Are Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Our Website pages and e-mails may contain small transparent embedded images or objects known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count website page visitors or email readers, or to compile other similar statistics such as recording Website content popularity or verifying system and server integrity. For information about managing your browser or email program to not download web beacons, seeWhat Are Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
c. Third Party Content, Apps, and Links
- How We Use Your Information
For information on we treat protected health information under HIPAA, please see ourNotice of Privacy Practices.
We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website to you.
- To provide you with the dental services as requested.
- To provide you with information about our Services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information.
- To respond to your inquiries, concerns, and receive your feedback regarding our products and Services, including through physical mailings and responses to online surveys.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including billing and account balance.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, or Mortenson and our affiliates including for billing, insurance, and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website, or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To respond to inquiries related to job opportunities at Mortenson.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use the information you provide to us to contact you about our own and third-party goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, seeWhat Are Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Disclosure of Your Information
For information on how we treat protected health information under HIPAA, please see ourNotice of Privacy Practices.
We may disclose aggregated information about you and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect, or that is provided by you as described in this Policy:
- To our affiliates.
- We will disclose personal information to the third-party service providers that we engage to assist us in making the Website available. These service providers include our dental partners, payment processor, datacenter provider(s), storage provider(s), customer support system provider(s), email service provider(s), and software development contractors. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. All disclosures to third parties will be made pursuant to Business Associate Agreements, as applicable.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business..
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website are among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, seeWhat Are Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mortenson, our patients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- What Are Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information?
For information on how we treat protected health information under HIPAA, please see ourNotice of Privacy Practices.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The following mechanisms will allow you some control over your information.
- Promotional Offers from Mortenson. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by us to promote our own or third-parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by calling us 833-939-6332 or by emailing us at email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, service experience or other transactions.
- Third Party Websites. Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, co-sponsors of promotions and affiliates, or plug-ins enabling third-party features. If you follow a link to any third-party website or engage a third-party plug-in, please note that these third parties have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these third parties.
- Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. At this time, we do not engage in this type of disclosure.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change personal information by calling us at 833-939-6332. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Additionally, we are only committed to a data retention period of six years from creation/last effective rule.
- Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or Services, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any other users of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- Contact Information
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
Mortenson Dental Partners
11801 Brinley Avenue
Louisville, KY 41076
or by phone at: